Thursday, March 01, 2007

Back ... Back ... Back ...

I know, I know ... I said that it would be a cold day in hell before I ever went back to ****. Except now I think that after talking to JL at Siggraph last year and GW, and to some extent ES, at the bake off this year, I think that I've been talked into it. I sent GW a list of things that I would want if I were to go back. Number one on that list being a large amount of money, but if they can convince ** to OK it, then it's a done deal. The ball has been in my court for a while, once I made actual salary demands, it meant that GW and JL would go to bat for me to get it done, that means if it gets done, I can't back out. The kids are not going to be too happy if we go, but I think that it's my one shot at a gold statue. I don't think that I'm ever going to get it where I am. By the time I get that far ahead here, the industry is going to have moved overseas. Why not be proactive and go overseas first? If I go, I'm going to stay as long as I keep moving upward.

In other news, I put the roof on the playhouse this weekend. Roof. As in, tar paper and shingles. It wasn't as difficult as I imagined that it would be. Now I just have to wait for a good hard rain to see if I did a decent job or not. Windows and close up the eaves this weekend and then the girls can start working on the inside. Drywall, paint, ceiling, etc. As soon as I can get the "mobile blogging" to work I'll get some pix from my phone up.

No comments:

Post a Comment