Monday, September 29, 2008

.500

The Tribe was the second best team in baseball after the first week of July (It's true, look it up) but after their disaterous start to the season it was only good enough to fininsh third in the AL Central at a dead even 81-81. Last year's ALCS collapse still stings a bit, but they're a good young team and should be back in the mix next season. I consider myself a true fan. I will perservere.

In other baseball news that I've been meaning to comment on. OMG the Dodgers got Manny from Boston at the trade deadline. MAN-EE. MAN-EE. MAN-EE. MAN-EE. Thank you dumb ass Red Sox management. Thankyouthankyouthankyou. Manny torched NL pitching for the last six weeks of the season, hitting .396 with 17 homers, 53 RBI, a .489 OBP and .743 slugging (if you don't follow baseball, that's just ill. Manny Ramierez is one of the best right handed hitters to ever play the game of baseball.) propelling my adopted baseball team the Dodgers to the NL west title. Which I missed because I'm in god damn New Zealand again. I didn't make it to a game during Siggraph, which makes this only the third(?) year in probably 20 years or so that I didn't see at least one baseball game.

I'm going to feel a little bad when they knock The Cubbies out of the playoffs. As an Indians fan, I feel the pain of the Cubs fans who've been literally waiting a lifetime for a World Series title, but, too bad for you. How does this fairy tale end? Manny hits a game, and series, winning bomb in the seventh game, against the Red Sox. That would be awesome. The Red Sox fans were lovable when they were like the Cubs and Indians fans, but after two recent World Series wins, they're just dicks. Fuck 'em. I hope Manny breaks their hearts.

1 comment: