Friday, April 20, 2007

Soon




I guess I spoke too soon. I'm barely 200 yards from my house on the way to work this morning. I must've driven through some water or oil. Stop at a light, right turn, accelerate out of the turn ... zing, I lose traction and the back tire of my bike decides that it's had enough of this shit and damn it, it's going to lead the way for a while and slides out to the left. Way, way out. I eased off of the throttle, and held on as tight as I could ... BAM! ... back end grabs and she tried really, really hard to throw me off on the high side. I came within about a tenth of a second of bailing out. Got wacked ... hard ... right above the boot on my right shin by the footpeg when the back end grabbed traction. I stayed relatively calm, but I could've done a little better. I think that I'm Getting a new back tire this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment