Thursday, April 12, 2007

Welcome

So I went to lunch late, and alone, so I walked across the street to Togo's. People don't usually want to eat there but seeing as I was by myself, and felt like a pastrami sandwich, I decided to make the trek. To get there, you have to walk through a small park that's one of the daytime hangouts for homeless types in CS. There weren't too many today, just two guys in sleeping bags. So while I'm at Togo's, I got my lunch and spent and extra $5 on a large turkey and bacon sandwich. On the way back through the park, I stopped at the first guy and said "dude, I got you some lunch". He was hammered and sleeping it off. I slapped him on the arm, but there was no waking that guy up so I left half of the extra sandwich right by his head. I went over to the other guy/girl? and left the second half of the sandwich there. No waking up. So I'm waiting to cross a street and I look back and one of the other guys hanging at the park is walking over to sleeping bag guy #1. He bends down to see if he's paying attention and then snags the sub. Checks it out to see if it's kosher and then walks away with it.

Welcome to The Jungle Motherfucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment