Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Review: Transformers


Hated the movie. I went to see a Michael Bay movie. I went to see giant transforming robots battling each other in downtown Los Angeles. I went to see slo-mo. I went to see things blowing the fuck up. I did not go to see a story. Instead of trying to mask the lack of story with things that explode, which, and I'm going to be honest, I like things blowing up in my action movies, it seemed like they tried way to hard to make it a 'real' movie only they forgot what makes a 'real' movie is a 'real' story. It stinks of Spielberg. It was far too restrained. OK, hated is strong language, let's just say, I am disappointed. There is a chance that it had something to do with the fact that the theater was totally full. I'm used to seeing movies during the week, during school. Read as "In an empty theater" and the stupid yappy bitch in front of me who would not cease her chatting. I don't like confrontation, and if you can get me to tell you in a normal voice to "Shut The Fuck Up" in a sold out movie. Then you, sir, are an asshole.



Three Stars, and it's only getting that because the VFX rocked.




In other news the race for the Visual Effects Oscar is over. PotC3, Potter and all you other people can just pack it up and go home. You lose. Thanks for playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment