Sunday, February 10, 2008

Busy

Had quite a busy weekend. Went bowling on Saturday night with a whole slew of people, G&D, D&S, MT, DC. On my first throw something popped in the ankle I sprained camping at Whanganui, and thus, I was rater ineffective bowling. We had a good time, I think the beer won. Had the first, hopefully semi-regular, pancake brunch at our house Sunday morning with all the usual suspects. I cooked three, three, kilos of bacon and it all got eaten, along with quite a few plain/blueberry/banana/chocolate chip pancakes. G&D stayed pretty much all day and W and the gang went to get some Thai food for dinner with them. I already had plans to go lobster diving with E. We were supposed to go earlier, but C got food poisoning, so we ended up going later in the day. It got pretty choppy and we didn't see shit, so we called it and went home early, hoping to score some points with the respective wives for getting home sooner that we were supposed to.

If you're my mom you can stop reading here.

I'm going down to the South Island in a couple of weeks on a little trip. Some people and I are going to load the two wheelers on the ferry and will spend the weekend roosting around hunting for esses and fast sweepers. Mom, since I know you're still reading this even though I warned you not to. That translates as "five or six of us are going to spend the weekend on our sportbikes looking for the curviest roads that we can possibly find on the South Island". Going to travel super light, light as in, I'm only taking spare underwear and a toothbrush, and spend all day riding, or more accurately, spend as long as we can riding until the crappy roads eat our sticky tires. I promise to have as many pictures as possible for that post. No squids allowed. Tanslation? "Yes Mom, of course we'll be safe."

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on finding the curves.

    E and I went we went on expedition in the car saw some awesome curves and switchback down near Nelson?

    was riding back then but if my memory hold it would have been awesome on my bike.

    ReplyDelete