Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oil

So, the big five oil companies made a $115 billion, thats billion, with a b, dollar profit last year. Profit. As in revenue minus costs. Of course that means OPEC probably made the same amount of profit. The oil companies are only middlemen after all. What is OPEC doing with all that money? Buying the west, of course. All the state-run conglomerates in places like Dubai and Saudi Arabia are gobbling up companies around the world, from Korea to the US, as fast as they can.
You think the right wing is offensive? Wait until Saudi Arabia owns most of the US, and we all get to switch to Wahabbism. We're in big trouble here. I don't think, fuck, I know most people don't even realize it. Why? Because the US has turned into a nation of fat, stupid fundamentalist christians. I am so done with the US. It breaks my heart, but I really think more and more about leaving the country. The problem is, I think more and more that leaving isn't going to make any difference in the long run.
In other news, we won our basketball game today to improve to 2-1 ... so that's something. Now if my little leaguers could just turn the corner, I really think that they could start winning some games. We'll see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment