Friday, March 10, 2006

Vote

So I was thinking about government the other day. Voting, to be precise. How you vote for a candidate that you think will best represent your interests in office. The problem is, Corporations are in charge now, so you can't change things, right? Wrong.

Vote. With. Your. Dollars.

You have to adjust to the mindset that every penny, every nickel and every dime you spend is a vote. A vote for whatever corporation you are patronizing. It's also a vote against all the other corporations that you could've patronized for that purchase. I hate Wal-Mart, for example. I will not shop at Wal-Mart, nor do I permit my Wife to shop at Wal-Mart. Ok, permit is probably a stronger word than necessary there. That certainly makes me seem like some mouth-breathing red-stater. Let's just say I strongly discourage my wife from shopping at Wal-Mart. Regardless of my matrimonial machinations, Wal-Mart sucks, and if everyone that thought Wal-Mart sucks would stop fucking shopping there, well, it might not solve the problem, but it would be a enormous first step. If you don't like what a company does, don't give them your god damn money. It's pretty simple, no? Oooooooh, but I need my so-and-so. Too fucking bad. Suck it up, open your eyes to the fact that the rules have changed Jethro, and you, unless you happen to be an exec at a large multi-national corporation, are holding the short end of the stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment