Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blocks

There's a web site here, trademe.co.nz. There's pages and pages and pages of old school Land Rovers for sale on it. Cheap. Flatbed SWB's and soft top Series 2A's. Defender 90's and 110's. Some of them go all the way back to the late 50's. Most of them are farm registered only. No, they don't have "Farm Use" painted on the sides. Anyway, I thnk I see a Land Rover restoration in my future. Don't tell Mrs' STFU that I want to put a farm vehichle up on blocks in the driveway. I hadn't ever really considered a Land Rover before, I was always on the look out for an old ('68-'72 FJ) Land Cruiser, or a Willy's, at home, you just don't see old Rovers. I might have to change my mind. I still want a chopped, flat bed '32 Ford, and this Land Cruiser is about the coolest thing I've ever seen in my whole life.





Come on, you can't go wrong with camo!





$3500!, and only 870,000 klicks. It's a Land Cruiser, it'll run forever. If you can't see the potential there, you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car. OK, I love me some Land Cruisers, but the old ones aren't really available here. Might have to get me an old Rover to drag around the surfboards, dogs, kids, tents, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment