Monday, July 28, 2008

Review : Hancock

Another Fourth of July, another Will Smith movie. Can someone tell me exactly how the Fresh Price got to be the biggest, baddest, most bakable movie star in the universe? Let's see ... Independance Day, Men in Black, Wild Wild West, I Robot, Hitch, Pursuit of Happyness and I am Legend. That's what, a couple billion dollars box office? Some of those are actually really good movies and Smith is actually really, really good in a couple of those movies.  Can he continue his summer movie domination with Hancock? Does the pope wear a funny hat?  The critics hate this movie, which probably goes a long way towards explaining why I like it.   I think the only thing it proves is that critics are idiots.  Mrs. STFU did like it as well, which means that you'll probably like it.  Smith is great as the anti-hero Hancock. That's about all I can say without getting into spoiler territory.  It's a good movie, it not the usual Will Smith summer blockbuster, but I liked it enough to give it





Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment