Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fitz, you're our only hope.

I don't really want to get too political, or religious, in there but, since this is pretty much stream of conciousness and I think about those two things a fair amount, there's no way to escape those two subjects from leaking into this blog. I hate what the current administration has done to the country. I hate the smug expression on W's face when he talks. I want to hit that smug smirk with a brick. I hate the way that the mainstream media has turned into an echo chamber of the Bush spin machine. Lied about Iraq to sell the war? Free pass. Lied about the cost of the medicare bill? Free Pass. Hurricane Katrina? Free pass. Lied about thier Social Security plan? Free pass. Tax Cuts for the rich (full disclosure: I'm probably in the top 5%, and a raging progressive)? Free pass. Stolen elections in Ohio and Florida and who knows where else? Free pass. Is there no hope? It seems like it most days. Some days, however, the future starts to look, well not bright, but let's just say that it looks less dim. Days you read news like this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/10/politics/10leak.html

Ole' Fitzgerald is still plugging away. And you know that , like the whole Abramhoff thing, this one goes all the way to the top. The Right just loved it when they had Ken Starr as a special prosecutor. Something tells me Fitz is going to dig up a lot more than a stain on a blue dress. Rove, Bush, Cheney, Delay, Wolfowitz, Rice, Rumsfeld. Every one of those fuckers needs to end up in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment