Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Review: Indiana Jones


I'm not going to beat around the bush here. It's, like, two o'clock in the morning and I'm writing this while utterly failing to sleep so I'm just going to give you the pros and cons.

Pros: Karen Allen is in it. I'm not sure why this made such a difference to me. Perhaps it brought the whole story around full circle.

Cons: Everything else. The story was awful. The direction was awful. The acting was awful. The visual effects were barely competent. There was too much action for the run time so the pacing was rushed. There was no chemistry between Ford and Allen. The villians were barely one dimensional. Every time they went for campy it came off as just corny. There were at least three, three action sequences that could have been replaced with, oh, I don't know, an actual story. For fuck's sake. Twenty years? Twenty years we waited with these jerkoffs stroking themselves off with "well it has to be the right movie" and "we all have to agree". Are you fucking kidding me? I have never in my life left a movie theatre with a stronger feeling that the people involved really couldn't care less if I was entertained or not, as long as I bought a ticket. Are Lucas and Speilberg really that desperate for cash? Jesus Christ, I would've just sent them twenty bucks and we could've all saved ourselves a lot of trouble.


Two horribly dissapointing stars

1 comment:

  1. If this was so horrible, why did it get 2 stars? What would achieve the exalted state of only 1 star? The absence of Karen Allen? Or what have you seen that managed to merit 1 (or fewer) stars?

    ReplyDelete