Saturday, May 10, 2008

Shipment

Many thanks to the HumanTeam, who were kind enough to receive and ship a bunch of stuff to us. Including a blu-ray player, that also just happens to be a PS3 which is still just about the best blu-ray player you can get, a battery charger for our pocket cam that we haven't been able to take pictures with for four months because we lost the battery charger, which, I guarantee, I will find any day now that I actually bought a replacement and a 802.11n PCMCIA card for my powerbook which is letting me post this from in bed, as opposed to the powerbook's built in AirPort that seems to have a range of about five feet if you're lucky enough to have line-of-sight from the laptop to the wireless router and, of all things, some women's deodorant that, from what I understand, you can't get in New Zealand. Yes you can get women's deodorant in New Zealand, you can't get that particular brand in New Zealand. Of course HumanTeam was not satisfied with labeling the PS3 as a "used computer game" to try and deter customs from opening the package and charging me sales tax on the stuff I was importing. They marked the deodorant as "tampons". Brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. Well did my plan work?

    I would like to say that, that bit of inspired verbiage was thought out but it wasn't.

    In my sleep deprived state the deodorant was a feminine hygiene product.

    And damn the PS3 was heavily use I almost beat Need for Speed : Carbon. Last boss driving the Sup'd R8! always kicked the crap outta me. something about the Quattro my wife said...

    ReplyDelete