Monday, August 25, 2008

Review : The Dark Knight

Just saw this in my drafts for this blog. Got as far as putting the picture and links in and then promptly forgot about it. It's been a while since I've seen it at this point. Sure it made a bazillion dollars at the box, sure it's good, but was it that good? I don't think that it was. It was certainly too long. I think Robert Downey Jr said it best when he said.

"didn't get it. ... [I] still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character." He said that while watching the movie, it dawned on him, "I get it. This is so high-brow and so fucking smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie." He then added, "You know what? Fuck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

Which is, maybe, a little harsh, but Downey is a Marvel whore now, so what do you expect, but this sequel wasn't any better than Batman Begins. Don't get me wrong. It's a great movie, and you should see it. It's just not all that, as the kids say now-a-days. It's about twenty minutes too long and parts of it feel a little forced, bit it's still pretty good. Good enough to earn


8/10



1 comment:

  1. it's funny that Robert Downey Jr. said the Dark Knight is too sophisticated when he himself tends to sound so sophisticated

    ReplyDelete