Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day [4 .. n]

So classes started on tuesday, 8:30 to 6:00 or so every day, which is hard enough when you're not jetlagged. On top of that, the subject matter is sometimes, shall we say, dry? So going to a party Tuesday night and being up until two or three in the morning was not condusive to being a fully functioning human at 8:00 in the morning. It was my one and only party this year as I am getting far too old for that shit.


Classes went until thursday and I went to a lot of stuff. Saw some presentations for "Wall-E", "Horton", "Kung-Fu Panda", "Pirates III" and "Indiana Jones". Went to a couple really interesting technical presentations on hair scanning and rendering. By Friday my brain was jam packed with new stuff. Spent a couple hours on Thursay walking around the Booths, you can't walk ten feet without seeing someone you know, so it's cool to catch up with people. Frankie and I went down to Imageworks on Friday for a while and I caught up with some of the old timers there.


Going home on Saturday was an adventure. I had so much crap with me that I bought in LA, that I totally got profiled and hassled by customs in Auckland, missed my flight and had to get the next one down to Wellington.


I wish that I could have made it to a Dodgers game, but it's amazing how busy you feel like you need to be when you're there on someone else's dime. Looking forward to next year in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment